THE FOOD AND WINE
- deBrueys winery: Taste Tropical fruit wines, ports and liqueurs
- Gallo Dairyland: Our special cheese making talk and tastings
- Tolga Hotel: A tropical seafood lunch. Alternatives are available
- NQ Gold Coffee: Plantation and shed tour, with tastings
- Wondaree Macadamias: Plantation and shed tours, plus tastings
- Morning tea at the coffee plantation
- Afternoon tea at Lake Barrine Teahouse
- World Heritage wet tropics rainforest
- The amazingly different, dry tropical savannah
- The stunning, 550 year old, Cathedral fig tree
- Lake Barrine teahouse, overlooking the crater lake
- The towering, 1000 year old Twin Kauri Pine trees
- Atherton Tablelands - Cairns Highlands
- Small towns: Mareeba - Tolga - Atherton - Yungaburra
- Transfers are provided from accommodation between Cairns and Palm Cove ... more
At Food Trail Tours we provide an amazing tropical food and wine
day tour to the nearby Cairns hinterland, which we locals call the
Your tour visits small producers and private properties where
you are able to interact with local people.
The day is all about you and fabulous food.
Your day is co-ordinated and everything is included, so time is
not wasted ordering and then waiting to be served.
Experienced guides entertain you throughout the day, providing information about our history and sights you are seeing as well as taking you to both the wet tropics and dry tropics.
At Food Trail Tours we take you behind the scenes on informative plantation tours, where you get under trees and into on farm processing sheds where you learn about gourmet food production.
You visit two tropical fruit wineries, a gourmet coffee producer,
a cheese factory and a macadamia plantation.
The day is a paddock to plate experience where you are able to interact with local growers and processors.
There are numerous opportunities to taste the foods, purchase commercial products at the farm gate.
The tour includes everything: a generous tropical seafood lunch, plantation tours and tastings as well as morning and
afternoon tea. We can cater for people with special dietary needs.
We provide personalized experiences, away from the crowds,
using 21 seat coaches.
Advance reservations can be made for travel on the following days.
Monday Tuesday Thursday Saturday
Children ........ (4-14 Years of age) .....
Infants ............ (0-3 Years of age) ....
Family .. (2 Adults and 2 Children) .....
Due to changing fuel prices a $2.00 surcharge may apply.
Any surcharge is payable on boarding and subject to change without notice.